Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rambler to the End

Wow, what a whirlwind of life and work and holidays and all the fun stuff that happens along the way! In the last while, my life has changed drastically. But it's great.

After getting home from Colorado, I was laid off and then offered a position increasing my work load and responsibilities. I am very, very blessed to be able to stay where I work and in the end the new job is OK... just super BUSY! I also moved... grumble. I sure don't like moving... at all. I'm now living on campus at work in a small 400 square foot apartment that we lovingly call "The Hallway". It's nice and new, but again, it's 400 square feet. It's a challenge but more it's a huge blessing as it is super affordable and helping us save for a house.

Us. I'm totally crazy about my J. He is always showing me through his example how fantastic he is and that I'm making the right choice. When to get married and how has been complicated... and pretty frustrating too. I'm talking tearful frustration. Then I got to thinking. I realized I'm focused too much on the wedding and not on the marriage. J is a gift and I think being married to him is a heavenly gift. Im super excited for the marriage part of this. So, we are doing a quick, fun, spontaneous, beautiful, "us" type wedding in Honolulu next week. And then we will be on to the more important part of growing a beautiful wedding and being sealed in a year. Yahoo!

So, I guess this logically completes this blog's life. Although I want to make it perfectly clear that I'm still a rambler and always will be one in my heart... just now I'm rambling with J. It's time to move on to the next phase of our lives. That can be found at: http://www.eightyearsinthemaking.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

trish said...

Lori, I hope everything goes well next week :) I look forward to hearing about it! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up in Utah--things got super crazy for me and it sounds like they're crazy for you too!