Thursday, September 17, 2009

Conquering Your Mountains

Just got home from a parent retreat therapy campout with some clients. Our theme was Conquering Your Mountains, and I learned a lot about myself and some of the mountains I have left to conquer. I always walk away with special pieces of understanding about myself when we do therapy.
At the end of our retreat, we bussed up to Snowbird to take the tram to the top of the mountain.


It was actually the first time for many of us to make it to the top of the mountain. And we were awestruck from the moment we reached the top.


I can't obviously share pictures of clients or families I work with, but I thought I'd take this chance to intro some of my favorite fellow female therapists. We are all working on our own mountains these days...

Tell me it's not amazing to sit in the clouds with views of such vistas. It was so dang inspiring. We hiked down a bit, found a rock to write the issue we personally were going to work on conquering, and then hiked it back to the top of the mountain. Personally, I was happiest to end the hike back up the mountain and get back on the tram... Perhaps that's why it's part of my mountain.

2 comments:

Scullerina said...

What a view! Love the photos

Candi said...

Going on the tram to the top of the mountain is awesome. I have been up twice and love it at the top.